Thursday, April 4, 2013

C4T #3, Summary

http://www.educationrethink.com/

John Spencer's blog The Myth of the Awful American Teacher talked about how there are awful teachers in schools but how the good outweighs the bad. The memory of bad teachers tend to linger for a long time. It made me think about my children making comments to me about how I shouldn't teach like some of the teachers they have had. That's strong stuff coming from your children and I think being a parent helps improve my thoughts about teaching, and also my education classes has given me some tips that apply to parenting.

On my recent visit to Mr. Spencer's blog I read a post entitled A New Podcast. Mr. Spencer discussed creating a podcast that would pose a question and instead of using Google to find the answer he would actually interview people that are experts on the topic. He listed a few names he was considering and also some topics he is interested in researching. I left a comment on his post with my thoughts on the title and that it sounds like an interesting podcast. I also encouraged him to visit our blog and connect with Dr. Strange. I believe this podcast's success or failure will depend on Mr. Spencer's PLN and the PLN of his readers. The more I learn in this class the more I start to understand why this class is important and required.

No comments:

Post a Comment