Sunday, February 10, 2013

C4T#1, comment 1 and 2

Pencil Integration Blog

I was assigned to John Spencer's blog and commented on blog post entitled "Remember Pencil Quest?". He discussed an activity from his school days in which they discovered new places and ideas through an activity called Pencil Quest. He pondered the question in his blog of what his students might look back on and consider to be an original unique assignment from school days. I commented and related his activity to history in which I plan to teach. Ideas and activities to keep students involved like this example makes learning fun.

In following back up with my assigned blog, the author had not made a new post. I commented on a previous blog post about the flipped classroom. My input to the author was about our EDM310 class using similar tactics in learning. How we are learning at a guided pace, being provided with resources and direction in which we somewhat work at our own speed. Being responsible for teaching myself gives me a new sense of accomplishment when I complete task well. This type of learning appears to be the face of future education and I am thankful to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment